Compassionate Memory Care
When a loved one receives a diagnosis of dementia, it can be a scary time for the whole family. You’ll likely have many questions, including, will my loved one be able to remain at home as the disease progresses?
Fortunately, the answer to that question is often, yes! With the help of a professional dementia caregiver, individuals with dementia or Alzheimer’s can age in place in the homes they know and love without having to move into a residential care facility.
What Are the Benefits of Receiving Dementia Care at Home?
In-home Alzheimer’s care offers numerous benefits to both the person with dementia and his or her family, including:
- Developing a peaceful home environment that promotes calm
- Monitoring for changes in the person’s health or behavior
- Preparing healthy meals and assisting with eating if needed
- Crafting comforting routines that help reduce challenging behaviors
- Providing friendly companionship
- Offering much-needed respite to family care providers
- And much more
The dementia caregivers at Compassionate Nursing Services offer compassionate memory care services that enable people with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia to live comfortably and safely at home.
Our in-home Alzheimer’s care services can include:
- An in-home safety assessment
- Medication reminders and administration as needed
- Hygiene and personal care assistance
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Errand running and shopping
- Transportation and accompaniment to and from medical appointments and outings
- Respite care for family care providers
- Planning and preparing meals in accordance with any dietary needs
- Friendly companionship
- And much more
Our caregivers are uniquely trained in helping individuals who present with challenging behaviors such as anxiety, aggression, and wandering.
Additionally, our dementia care at home can allow for any level of care your loved one needs, from just a few hours per week to 24/7 care as the disease progresses.
Reach Out to Our Team
Caring for a loved one with dementia is an enormous responsibility that can be both physically and emotionally challenging. But you don’t have to manage it alone. Give us a call today at 314-432-4312 or fill out our online contact form and we will be happy to tell you more about our memory care services in Creve Coeur, Des Peres, Town and Country, Oakville, Clayton and the nearby areas.